Belton Texas History
Belton is a single - or kind - Texas town, with a diverse mix of friendly people you're likely to meet. Belton, Texas, is home to just over 20,000 people, but enough history to attract new residents. There are some notable educational and medical facilities in the county, and the center is one of them.
The name index was created by FamilySearch and linked to an image from a Texas death certificate. Stay tuned for the next post that will provide more information about the history of Belton, Texas, and its history as a city and a city.
Texas tax records supplement the land registers and can be used instead of the census to supplement this year's census (see FamilySearch's Catalog of Places Search for Instructions). Search for yourself in the records of the estate administrator, which are kept in the county courthouse and in the state of Texas.
Also in the city center, the award-winning Bell County Museum offers visitors a glimpse into the history of the city and the people who lived there thousands of years ago. Sights include a family-run department store, an antique shop and a museum of local history and culture.
Belton is home to the Bell County Expo Center, which houses the Texas Rodeo and Cowboy Hall of Fame. Quality Tire Auto Service carries Kelly tires in Belton and surrounding areas as well as small, compact tractors. There are a number of other tire shops in the city center and surrounding area, such as Kelly Tire and Tires, and a variety of tire dealers.
The Shawnee owned and lived on the so-called Black Bob Reservation in the southern part of Johnson County, Kansas. After the treaty of May 10, 1844, the Shawnees surrendered their land to the US Army and the United States Army Corps of Engineers.
Most settlers came to the county to settle, but many immigrants came from as far away as New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. They came in large numbers, many of them from the United States and Canada, but also from Mexico and other parts of Europe.
The companies organized in the county served in the First World War, the Civil War and the Korean War. In 1933, the Twelfth Regiment, which consisted of the 1st Texas Regiment of the Texas Army National Guard (now Texas State Guard), joined the division.
In the same year, weekly stagecoach service began, and the city became the first stop on the Belton-El Paso Railway, one of the oldest railroad lines in the United States. It became a town and began with its own post office, post office and newspaper office. In the same years, the weekly stagecoach service also begins and it becomes a city with a population of about 1,000 people and an annual income of 2,500 dollars.
In 1882, Missouri, Kansas and Texas crossed the county and built the Belton - El Paso Railway, one of the oldest railroad lines in the United States. In the early 1880s, the city reached the first station of the Missouri-Kansas-Texas railway line to Echo. In 1884, Belton was secured as the second station for the railroad from Kansas to Texas and from Echo to El Pueblo to secure a branch line of this railroad to Echo.
In 1882, Missouri, Kansas and Texas crossed the county and built the Belton - El Paso Railway, one of the oldest railroad lines in the United States. In the early 1880s, the city reached the first station of the Missouri - Kansas - Texas to Echo and Echo to El Pueblo railway line. The city was reached by rail from Kansas to Texas in 1884, from Texas to Kansas in 1886, and then from Missouri to Oklahoma in 1890, and again from Oklahoma to Missouri in 1895. 1882 And in 1896 it was built as a station for the Texas - Missouri Railway in Kansas, an important railway line in Texas.
One block across from this property was a new pioneer town called Belton, initially called Nolandville, which was renamed Belton in 1851. In 1855 the original log house was auctioned off and in 1859 a new two-storey limestone building was built, but it was demolished and rebuilt. The original tree-trunk courthouse was auctioned in 1840, and the new two-story limestone buildings were built in 1850 and 1860, respectively, on the same block as the old courthouse on the corner of Main Street / Main Avenue and Broadway in the west of the city. In 1855 the original log houses were auctioned off in 1940 and rebuilt in 1950, before a newer, more modern building.
The use of finished sheet metal details on the outside of the building and the addition of a large window in one corner were also noteworthy in the original planning.
The largest employer was Texas A & M University School of Business, a branch of the University of Texas at Austin. It was home to a number of other businesses, including the Bexar County Courthouse and El Dorado Hotel. The largest employers were Texas A & M University State College of Law, a subsidiary of UT Austin, and its sister institution, the US Army Corps of Engineers.